Kale is ridiculously good for you, but it’s hard to cook it well. Boiled kale often turns out chewy and tough. Instead of boiling kale leaves, make kale chips and then see if you can stop eating them! Try kale chips instead of popcorn next time you sit down to a movie.
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Preheat an oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Tear kale leaves into bite-sized pieces, discarding the tough stalks.
- In a large bowl, drizzle olive oil over the kale and mix it together with your hands. Massage the oil over the kale with your fingers until the kale pieces are evenly coated.
- Spread kale leaves in a single layer on a cookie sheet and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Cook for 15-18 minutes. The kale chips are ready when the leaves are crispy and green and just starting to turn brown. Be careful not to overcook them.
|Kale chips||Serves 4