This home-made sugar-free hot chocolate recipe is a great treat on a cold day. For the low-fat version, omit the optional chocolate square and use non-fat milk.
- 1 Tbsp cocoa
- 1 Tbsp Splenda or stevia to equal 1 Tbsp sugar
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp nonfat milk or soy milk
- ⅛ tsp vanilla
- 1 thin square 99% cocoa chocolate, about 2g * (optional)
- Add cocoa, sweetener, cinnamon, and chocolate square (optional) to a mug.
- Add boiling water until the cup is about ¾ full.
- Stir mixture well, making sure that the chocolate square has melted (if using).
- Add vanilla and milk.
* We used a square of Lindt Excellence 99% Cacao chocolate bar (pictured).
|Sugar-free hot chocolate||Serves 1