Egg salad doesn’t have to live in a sandwich! This classic low carb egg salad tastes great as a side dish, a salad topping, or wrapped up in lettuce leaves. Dijon mustard and smoked paprika give it an extra zing.
- 8 eggs
- 1 stalk celery
- ½ red pepper
- ½ medium onion
- 4 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika, plus a sprinkle for garnish
- chopped chives for garnish
To boil the eggs
- Place the eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. The water should cover the eggs by about 1 inch.
- Heat the eggs on medium-high heat until the water boils.
- Boil for one minute.
- Take the eggs off the heat, cover the pan with a lid, and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the pan and plunge them into cold water (the colder the better). This makes them easier to peel!
To make the salad
- Peel the hard-boiled eggs and chop each egg into about 8-10 pieces.
- Finely chop the celery, red pepper, and onion.
- Mix mayonnaise and Dijon mustard in a bowl.
- Add the celery, onion, and mustard/mayonnaise to the chopped eggs and mix.
- Serve on top of salad greens and garnish with a sprinkle of smoked paprika and chopped chives.
|Classic Egg Salad||Serves 8