Roasted asparagus is a great alternative to steamed asparagus, and it’s really easy to make. The roasting process brings out the flavours of the asparagus and crisps up the tips. It makes a tasty low-carb vegetable side dish.
- 1 bunch asparagus (approximately 20 pieces)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat an oven to 400° F (200° C).
- Snap off the tough ends of the asparagus spears and discard.
- Toss the asparagus in olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until asparagus is tender.
|Roasted Asparagus||Serves 2